And the winners are:
Omaha: Autism Center of Nebraska
Lincoln: Child Guidance Center
Kearney: HelpCare Clinic
Des Moines: Meals from the Heartland
Thank you to everyone who nominated, voted and judged, and an especially big thank you to our amazing sponsors: Allsteel, Hon, Kyocera Copystar and Owl Labs!
What would you buy for your office with $100k? A standing desk? Fresh cubicles or partitions? Ergonomic office chairs?
To celebrate our 100 Year Anniversary, All Makes will use $100,000 to donate remodeled workspaces for a deserving nonprofit in each of our locations: Omaha, Lincoln and Kearney, Nebraska, and Des Moines, Iowa.
At All Makes, we know that nonprofits must focus their resources to fulfill their missions and so may not realize opportunities to use their workspace as a tool for attracting funds and talent.
All Makes will announce the official winners by 9 a.m. Monday, July 9 via this page and on our respective social media pages: Omaha – All Makes and All Makes Technology; All Makes – Lincoln, All Makes – Kearney and All Makes – Des Moines.
Communities are welcomed and encouraged to submit multiple nominations here. To be eligible, the nominee must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney or Des Moines metro areas.
A panel of local judges representing each location selected the five finalists based on:
- applications of ethical business practices to execute the nonprofit’s mission
- influence on the community
- demonstration of excellence in leadership
- need for a more efficient workspace
The 100 Year, $100,000 Office Makeover Contest reflects All Makes’ core mission of promoting good design in business. A long-time supporter of local charitable organizations, All Makes encourages nonprofits to also embrace quality design in their operations.
Rules & Regulations
- The nominee must be a 501 C (3) organization in the:
- Omaha, NE Metro Area within the counties of Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders, Cass, Washington, Pottawattamie, Harrison and Mills.
- Lincoln, NE Metro Area within the counties of Lancaster, Otoe, Saline and Seward.
- Kearney, NE Metro Area within the counties of Buffalo, Phelps, Kearney and Dawson.
- Des Moines, IA Metro Area within the counties of Polk, Dallas, Warren, Madison and Guthrie.
- Previous $25,000 Nonprofit Office Makeover contest winners are ineligible to participate.
How to Enter:
- Only nominations received through the allmakes.com website or iHeart Media contest site will be accepted.
- Nominations may be made by the nonprofit organization’s members, donors, volunteers, employees, beneficiaries, or anyone else with knowledge about the nominees’ nonprofit work and good deeds.
- Nominees will be required to submit an entry form, office photos and their nonprofit organization logo.
- Multiple nominations for the same nonprofit are welcomed and encouraged on a daily basis.
- Nominations for pre-finalists will be accepted April 2–27, until 5 p.m. CST.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Every entry will be judged based on: 1) The candidate’s devotion of ethical business practices to execute the nonprofit’s mission, 2) Positive influence on the community, 3) Demonstration of leadership, 4) The need for a more efficient workspace.
- The nonprofit winner will be determined through the following process: Nonprofits must be nominated through the online form link located at allmakes.com or through the iHeart Media contest page. An outside panel of judges will review all nominations and select five finalists in each location. Finalists will be notified via email.
- Public votes will determine the Office Makeover Contest winner in each location. In the event of a tie, the panel of judges will determine the winning candidate. The judges’ decision will be final.
- Nonprofit nominations are open to the public from April 2-27. Finalist voting will be open to the public from May 14–June 29. Nominations and votes will only be accepted online directly on the All Makes Office Makeover Contest page at iHeart Media or via the link at allmakes.com.
- All Makes is not responsible for omission, disruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations, theft or unauthorized access or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware/software malfunctions of any kind, or not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from submitting or downloading any materials in conjunction with this program or for entries that are late or misdirected.
- The winner is responsible for all local, county, state and federal tax regulations related to the prize.
- All Makes will announce the four winners on July 9, 2018 via our website.
- Four (4) prizes will be awarded in the Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney and Des Moines metro areas.
- Retail value includes All Makes’ design services and installation and is not to exceed $25,000 for each of the four winners. Prize may include any mutually agreed upon combination of Allsteel and Hon office furniture.
- Prize installation must occur during working hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. All Makes must approve the scheduled installation date.
- Under this mutually agreed upon contract, once approved and completed, All Makes will not be obligated for any further renovations and/or alterations.
- Prize may not be resold and is to be used solely by the winning nonprofit organization.
- By accepting a prize, winner consents to use of its name, photograph and business information in future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- The pre-finalists, finalists and the winner will be published online at www.allmakes.com.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for entering, and best of luck to all the nominees!